Acteon Group is a global oil and gas subsea services business that operates across the complete offshore field life cycle from exploration to abandonment. Headquartered in Norwich, Acteon has c.1500 employees based in more than 20 territories worldwide. J2 Subsea Ltd is one of 20+ operating companies in the Acteon Group.
J2 Subsea specialises in the provision of customised ROV tooling solutions for the ROV and underwater survey markets. We are a dynamic, can-do company looking to recruit a high calibre, driven and resilient professional to fill our current vacancy for:
Reporting to Acteon’s EVPO, the Managing Director will develop and ensure delivery of J2’s business plans whilst managing the company’s exposure to risk in accordance with strategic and financial objectives. The position is a key role to the development of the business and the overall growth of Acteon as the team works with other operating companies to deliver the overall strategy.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need:
- Experience of working in a Global organisation with knowledge of offshore working.
- Experience of determining strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Experience of assessing problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Experience in negotiating and managing contracts.
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in business management or engineering degree.
Key duties will include:
- Establishing and implementing strategic goals alongside the team to achieve short, medium and long-term targets for J2.
- Participate in the leadership and commitment of QHSE to ensure zero harm to people, the environment and equipment.
- Drive awareness and create demand for relevant J2 Subsea products and services across the sector.
- Provide regular, reliable and timely reports detailing financial performance and position of the Company.
- Provide support and regularly communicate with the team, both formally and informally as required to ensure highest levels of operations are achieved and expectations are understood.
- Coach, mentor and develop personnel to ensure continued competence across the team.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and exhibit a professional will to succeed. As an international company, travel is an essential part of the role.