J2 Subsea does not collect any personal information without the express prior consent of our clients or website users. This website will only store your personal details if you elect to sign up for a subscription service or request to be sent information.
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
Data we Collect from you
We may collect personal data:
- if you register an account with us or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc)
- when you subscribe to our newsletter, you will give us your details so we can send you communications, or you will complete a contact or enquiry form. As appropriate, you may be asked to enter personal details at any of these interaction points
- from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the Site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
You will be anonymous on our website unless you decide to fill in these details via a form. Once you have filled in a form, the details will be retained as detailed below.
The use of the Data We Collect
J2 Subsea use your data in accordance with GDPR:
- to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to administer, support, improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of goods and services which may be of interest to you via a third-party Marketing Automation Platform;
- to provide you with access to certain parts of the website;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of J2 Subsea operations and business;
- to contact you for your views on performance and services;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may contact you by post, telephone, SMS, or by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means, then please use the Opt-out described below.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
The data you provide to us will be treated as confidential, however, we may have to share your personal data with other parties who act for us as noted below:
- If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- With non European Economic Area (EEA) J2 Subsea Group locations to action your enquiry or requirements
- Third parties to effect your delivery / travel instructions
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security of Your Personal Data
J2 Subsea use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the personal information you provide on third-party computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Retention of Personal Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of the data held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information or request deletion of your personal data where there is no good reason to continue to hold it.
The data processor can be contacted at the email address below:
Phone: +44 01224 248090
Post: J2 Subsea Ltd, Unit 2, Denmore Place, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8JS
Any complaints about how your data is stored or processed should be addressed to the above.
Opting Out from J2 Subsea Communications
You may unsubscribe from a subscription service or other marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of all marketing e-mails, or by sending us an email at email@example.com.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that anonymously track, save and store information about the user’s interactions with – and usage of – a website.
We use the information gathered by these cookies to compile reports and help us to improve our site. Cookies also help us to customise our marketing efforts through various media and formats.
Turning Off Cookies
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website.
Social Media Sharing