The Flying Lead Orientation Tool (FLOT), provides a means of mounting the class 1 to 4 torque tool to the ROV in such a way that the orientation of the component being installed can be adjusted as the ROV approaches the subsea structure. It consists of an aluminium/stainless steel framework which is fastened to the front of the ROV.
At the front of this framework is a rotary actuator, onto which is mounted a second aluminium/stainless steel structure which mounts the torque tool.
The rotary actuator provides a +/- 90° pitch movement providing +/-15° roll movement, actuated by hydraulic cylinders.
The HD FLOT is better able to facilitate the installation of Steel Tube Flying Leads than conventional FLOT’s providing as it does a 60% higher load capacity.
- Lightweight, high strength, aluminium construction
- 400Kgs Payload capacity, (on Torque tool Nose, improviser)
- Depth rated to 3000m, (10,000ft)
- Class 1-4 improviser TT mounting adaptors
- Class 1-4 TT mounting adaptors
- Max pitch torque 2820Nm
- Max roll torque 1340 Nm